Fruits are a very important part of every healthy diet. All fruits are rich in important nutrients that our body needs to stay healthy. Besides widespread and well-known fruit trees, there are also those that are not used in our diet very often. The quince is one of such fruits that we rarely use, but it is nutritious and full of useful vitamins and minerals. In the text below, read why you should eat quince.
Health benefits of consuming quince
1. It has anti-inflammatory properties. The quince is rich in vitamin C and therefore helps in boosting the immune system, and to overcome inflammatory conditions. It also has anti-allergic properties. Extract from quince seeds and quince itself can be used in the treatment of atopic dermatitis and cystitis. It can also be used in preparing food for people with allergy.
2. It is good for losing excess body mass. The quince has few calories but a lot of fiber. It also contains a very small amount of saturated fat and sodium.
3. Can be used in the treatment of ulcer. Phenolic compounds present in the quince are very effective for the treatment of gastric ulcers. Juice from quince is also effective for people with gastric ulcers. Helps in the treatment of ulcers of the intestines.
4. It can also be used to treat other gastrointestinal disorders, such as morning sickness and nausea. In combination with honey it can be used for the treatment of colitis, diarrhea, constipation and intestinal infections. Quince syrup is used in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
5. Antioxidant properties. The quince is a rich source of polyphenolic compounds, which are powerful antioxidants and neutralize free radicals to prevent cell damage. This prevents premature aging, cardiovascular disease and strokes.
6. Antiviral properties. Studies have found that quince has good anti-viral properties, and help to prevent flu, colds and other viral diseases.
7. It is potassium-rich and thus helps in reducing high blood pressure.
8. It reduces cholesterol levels and maintains the health of your heart.
9. Acting preventively against cancer. The antioxidant properties of the quince help the body fight against malignant cells.
10. It can have a beneficial effect on both the liver and the eyes. Regular use of the quince can alleviate the symptoms and help in the treatment of the disease in people suffering liver disease and eye diseases.