Anemia is a very common condition, and there are a lotof people who are constantly fighting it. Most often this problem affects the female population due to the constant monthly loss of blood and iron. Anemia is present in the male population too, but much less than in women. If you are experiencing anemia, then read the tips that can help you deal with it.
Tips to Overcome Anemia
1. Eat foods rich in iron: black chocolate, cocoa, cashews, almonds, lentils, beans, peas, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, buckwheat, quinoa, millet, amaranth,dried apricots, cherries, chokeberry, berries, spinach, lettuce, beets, nettle seeds, egg yolk, fish, beef, sesame seed…
2. Try to reduce the amount of gluten you take in and avoid gluten intake along with a meal rich in iron. Gluten might decrease the absorption of all vitamins and minerals, so it is good to reduce the intake of wheat, barley, and rye.
3. Do not combine dairy products with iron-rich meals. Dairy products have the ability to reduce iron absorption from food, so beware of combinations.
4. Reduce and avoid coffee and herbal teas intake. They contain compounds that also reduce the absorption of iron.
5. Soak the nuts, seeds, cereals, and legumes in warm water for a few hours, then throw away that water and rinse them before use or before cooking. By doing this you reduce the amount of phytic acid in these products. Phytic acid reduces iron absorption.
6. Combine vitamin C rich food with an iron-rich meal. Vitamin C facilitates the absorption of iron from food.
7. Take in more B vitamins. Eat more nuts, seeds, legumes, dark green leafy vegetables and whole grains.
8. You can include chlorella and spirulinain your diet.
9. Drink fresh vegetable juice in the morning. Put some beetroot, orange, carrot, and apple in it.
11. If you like a smoothie for breakfast try to put some berries, cocoa and pumpkin seeds in it. Avocado smoothie with berries, banana, cocoa, and sesame seeds would be a great choice.